Saturday, April 29, 2006

COS to Whiners...SHOT OVER.

A Message from the Army COS to the whiners...H/T COUNTERCOLUMN

This article from Stars and Stripes

Schoomaker calls retired generals' comments 'inappropriate'
By Lisa Burgess, Stars and Stripes
Mideast edition, Thursday, April 27, 2006


ARLINGTON, Va. — Army Chief of Staff Gen. Peter Schoomaker on Wednesday criticized retired generals who have come out against Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and other defense leaders, calling their comments “unfortunate” and “inappropriate.”

“I was retired, and you didn’t see me doing it,” Schoomaker told reporters during a Washington press breakfast. “If I thought what these officers were saying was true, I would not be here.”

Schoomaker suggested that if the generals were so unhappy with their civilian masters, they should have left their jobs in protest.

“I think we have a responsibility, while we’re in uniform, if we can’t put up with what’s going on, to pick up our saddle up and move on,” Schoomaker said...

Well, I guess we know how the COS feels...
|