Wednesday, April 01, 2009

There's A Reason I Post This Picture




I mean besides the obvious.

I saw this picture posted this morning on another website, where the statement "I can't quite make out the writing" was made. I know it was news to me too, but if you look really close on the young lady's shirt is an ad for Fashion TV.


Fashion TV! I know Fashion TV! Fashion TV is what the TV was tuned to in the TOC during OIF 2 (2004-05)...especially around 0700 Iraq local time. It seems that back then (don't know about their current schedule, as I now have easier access to seeing scantly clad women) during the seven o'clock hour they would show what was quaintly called "The Lingerie Hour", and by lingerie I mean that in the loosest sense of the word. A better title would have been The Topless, Butts Hanging Out With Naughty Bits Covered With a Piece of Tape Hour (not that any of us minded), but I think that was already taken by a show on Nickelodeon. It was quite the sight to see either the Battle Captain or NCOIC scramble for the remote when they thought someone who might be offended was coming to the TOC...don't know if they ever got into trouble for watching such unprofessional things, I hope they didn't.

Seeing this picture brought back a bunch of memories so totally unrelated to two beautiful women in the sand, it borders on the strange. Funny how the mind works.

Labels: , ,

|