Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lets Get This Party Started


P!nk she's just like a pill, instead of making me feel better, she's making me ill.

Yeah, I know why bother even talking about entertainers who show their asses when they try to make political arguments...it is after all par for the course.

Well, this one was so heinous, that I just stood there, mouth hanging open as the video for P!nk's song, "Dear Mr. President" played on VH-1 the other morning.

For those not familiar here are some of the lyrics:


Dear Mr. President,
Come take a walk with me.
Let's pretend we're just two people and
You're not better than me.
I'd like to ask you some questions if we can speak honestly.

What do you feel when you see all the homeless on the street?
Who do you pray for at night before you go to sleep?
What do you feel when you look in the mirror?
Are you proud?

How do you sleep while the rest of us cry?
How do you dream when a mother has no chance to say goodbye?
How do you walk with your head held high?
Can you even look me in the eye
And tell me why?

Dear Mr. President,
Were you a lonely boy?
Are you a lonely boy?
Are you a lonely boy?
How can you say
No child is left behind?
We're not dumb and we're not blind.
They're all sitting in your cells
While you pave the road to hell.


And it just gets better from there...the video manages be even more malicious, if that is possible.

Aside from the juvenile reasoning that the President of the United States is responsible for every thing that is wrong in the world, or that he could somehow magical fix it, what is the point? Everything was obviously peaches and cream when Mr. Clinton was in office...ugh, why do I even bother.

On further review I have determined that this song is over a year old now. Where the hell was I? Oh yeah, I was in Iraq...duh. Never though that I'd be thankful for being there so I could avoid idiotic stuff like this. But like a bloodhound it tracked me down. Thanks VH-1...dillholes.

P!nk, I liked her much better when she was just a Girrl rocker singing about getting parties started and Parisian hookers and such.

Labels:

|