Tuesday, February 13, 2007

TR Tuesday, 13 FEB 07

Today's Quote from Teddy Roosevelt concerns talkers and doers...
To sit home, read one's favorite paper, and scoff at the misdeeds of the men who do things is easy, but it is markedly ineffective. It is what evil men count upon the good men's doing.
- The Outlook
December 21, 1895


BONUS QUOTES from GEN William Tecumseh Sherman

“If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world but I am sure we would be getting reports from hell before breakfast.”


and this one

“You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out. I know I had no hand in making this war, and I know I will make more sacrifices to-day than any of you to secure peace.”

Labels:

|