Thursday, January 04, 2007

Priceless

This is from "Dude,Where's the Beach"

When Air Force Academy Cadets Screw Up....


It's all of our jobs to make sure their mistakes are amplified across the internet. I've seen some pretty stupid letters come from Academy Cadets who think they are already God's gift to the Air Force, and the best of the letters usually get spread around the Air Force global email network just to remind us all as to who the next leaders are.

The following letter isn't the best one I've seen, but it is a good example. The BEST was when a Cadet emailed a worthless gripe letter directly to the Secretary of the Air Force, James Roche, back in 2001. I think almost every member of the Air Force got to respond to that one.

This one is titled "Cadet request for F-15 ride"

Lt. Smith,
I am a cadet at the Air Force Academy trying to arrange a flight with the 333rd Fighter Wing between 21 December and 5 January. I have my Secret Clearance and Physiological Training Card and can coordinate any AOC approval or necessary medical clearance (Form 1042). My presence does not impose any limitations on the mission; I'm just along for the ride.

Any further guidance or authorization you can provide on this matter is much appreciated. Email is the best way to contact me (########), but my cell phone number is #######.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Very Respectfully,
C3C George R. ####### IV
United States Air Force Academy

Now, the best part of letters like these are the responses. Here is the direct response from a Major to this Cadet. It's priceless.

From: Maj T#####
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 6:09 PM
To: S####### George R IV
Cc: ...
Subject: RE: Cadet request for F-15 ride


You've got some brass balls on you, cadet fourth class George S#### HIV (seriously...is that your real name, lose that 'IV' crap, it just sounds stupid). Let's break down your message and maybe we can educate you on a thing or two.

"I'm a cadet at the Air Force Academy."

This message should be over right here. Period dot. Cadets don't troll for rides, they EARN them through the proper channels just like everybody else. We've got a long list of maintainers who have earned awards through this wing to get incentive rides. These guys bust their asses in the freezing cold and blistering heat and only the lucky few get the privilege of having a ride. Name me three things you think you've done to 'earn' a Strike Eagle ride. Seriously. And by the way, I've read about all the 'hard work' here - http://www.########.blogspot.com/.

And I quote "The learning curve was very steep this past year as I learned about military culture and doctrine in a pretty stressful environment." Brother, you have no idea what a stressful environment is.

"trying to arrange a flight with the 333rd Fighter Wing"

Sweet mother of pearl, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. We are the 333rd Fighter Squadron, and we are a division of the 4th Fighter Wing. If you want to snivel a ride from us, you ought to at least get your facts straight. This is the foreshadowing of your ignorance, let's continue....

"I have my Secret Clearance"

Your secret clearance doesn't mean f*** all to us. You think we're going to take you up on a tactical sortie? You think we're going to let you sit in on classified briefings? You think we're going to hang out and talk tactics with you? YGBFSM...


TO read the rest go HERE!

In the states we get people wanting to get Apache rides all the time but the odd thing about Iraq is...no one really wants to go for a ride with us over here...HMMMMM!

I want my F-15 ride!

Labels: ,

|