Friday, December 29, 2006

Random Stuff...

At the end of the year people tend to assess where they have been and where they are going...this is going to be sorta like that, only not so much. This is a round up of stuff I have found interesting or funny or odd lately and haven't really seen the need to write about it till now.

AT LEAST ITS NOT RAINING!
I never thought I'd find a place with weather as strange as my home state of Texas...but here in this wonderful place they call Iraq (that I've now been blessed to have visited twice) they have Tejas beat hands down. The other night while I was flying it was raining mud (I imagine that the locust are not too far behind...don't know what I mean go back and read your Bible. :)) Just two months ago the temperature was well over 100F...today's low is expected to be in the twenties. I can say however that Iraq doesn't have "Blue Northers" and that's a good thing...although I can say that is pretty awesome to witness. But at least it's not snowing...yet.

BABE ON A T-SHIRT
I am hear to tell you that I can barely tread water, I don't surf, never have and never will...but a company called Local Motion Hawaii produces some of the best graphics I have ever seen. Whomever is their house artist was born just a little too late...if he/she had been around during the heyday of the pin-up he/she would have been in great demand. The artwork is awesome...and for those who don't want a Bikini clad woman on their beach wear they have other stuff as well. Great art, great shirts! Stickers too!

A BIG THANK YOU...
To the folks at Oakley and Surefire for making such great stuff. I don't think I could survive without my Oakley sunglasses (half wires...military model), although I don't think I will ever forgive them for discontinuing making the original "Frogskins"...you bastards! My Surefire "Aviator" is on its second trip to the sand box and has got to be the best flashlight I've ever owned. In a pinch it can be used to start small fires...damn that thing gets hot if you leave it on...and it goes through batteries like John Candy eating doughnuts...but other than that it's great. I'd say more, but I guess I've already given them my thanks by giving them more than a few of my hard earned bucks...thanks you greedy bastards! :) Ain't capitalism wonderful?


QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Overheard in the BN TOC: "Can we orient the omni-directional antenna more towards Baghdad?"

Labels: , ,

|