Thursday, August 21, 2008

To The Gates Of HELL...

The presumptive Presidential nominee of the Republican party, SEN John McCain said the following about OBL over the weekend...

McCain on bin Laden
Sen. John McCain laid down a policy marker on the seven-year hunt for al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in his recent interview with the Rev. Rick Warren that resonated with several U.S. officials who viewed Mr. McCain's comments as tacit criticism of the Bush administration.

Asked about his view of evil, Mr. McCain, the expected Republican presidential nominee, said on Sunday that "one, if I'm president of the United States, my friends, if I have to follow him to the gates of hell, I will get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice."

"I will do that, and I know how to do it. I will get that guy," he said. "No one, no one should be allowed to take thousands of innocent American lives."


This would contrast with his opponent who when asked about confronting evil said this...

Sen. Barack Obama...(noted) that "evil does exist... and I think it has to be confronted." However, he called for "humility" in confronting evil because "you know, a lot of evil has been perpetrated based on the claim that we were trying to confront evil."


Talk is cheap, but feel free to draw your own conclusions.
H/T Inside the Ring

Labels:

|