Saturday, December 15, 2007

I'm Back!

America...F#@h yeah!

It seemed like it took forever, but a couple of days ago I finally made it home.

Someone in charge of customs and who goes where prior to flights home needs to be taken out and shot...but that's another story. Well 30 hours in the sterile area of customs awaiting your flight to the states is a long and boring story, a story that's almost enough to make you want to go out and hunt down the persons responsible. But I guess that's why they take your ammo away before you get there.

But that's all done now.

Kudos to the folks at Fort Hood for the seamless job of getting everyone taken care of during the return.

Thanks to everyone for your support.

I've already feasted upon the greatest BBQ in the central Texas area...Vetek's...it's almost better than I remember. And now they have Dublin Dr Pepper available, it's like heaven...I think I see Blue, and he looks glorious. Having worked in the food industry as a young man, it amazes me that they can remember what I order everytime I visit...and this time it has been at least 15 months since I've been in there.

For those who care, Vetek's Grocery is off of I-35 in Waco, TX...down by Baylor University. Yeah, you have to go to Waco, but that suff is awesome. For those of you who are getting upset because I slammed Waco (I know you're out there)...it's my hometown, I can do what I want. Besides that was a baby slam...Waco's not that bad. It can't be it's in TEXAS.

Labels: , , ,

|