Thursday, August 23, 2007

From My Foxhole

I know, I don't really have a foxhole, or as it's known in the military today, a fighting position, but it's an expression used to mean, "here's what I think."

I don't know if I really needed to type that explanation but I guess it may have saved someone a few seconds before they left this page and started looking for p0rn again. Because you never know "FOXHOLE" might be some code word for some kind of kinky act I never even heard of. I don't know I've been out of the country for almost a year now...a lot can happen.

Anyway here's some stuff you might find interesting or not:

Nothing says femininity more than hearing two female soldiers you pass in the hallway say they need to leave the office door open because it smells like "feet and ass" in there.

You know it's really hot on the flight line when you walk behind an aircraft that has an APU (a small jet engine used for electrical power on the aircraft prior to starting the main engines) running and you move through the exhaust and can feel no difference in the temperature.

A chicken quesadilla tastes a lot better after a 5 hour mission than before.

You never really crave a certain type of food/treat from the DFAC/PX until they have run out of it. Who the hell runs out of Tostitos? They've got thongs galore for sale in the PX and no Tostitos? WTF?!?

The law of supply and demand is null and void when it comes to Dr Pepper and Iraq...the PX always gets one pallet and it's gone in one hour. A month later cases upon cases of Diet Coke sit in the sun baking and another pallet of Dr Pepper arrives and it's gone in an hour. I wish I could perform my job as well as the managers of AAFES do theirs and be considered a success. In case you couldn't tell I really really really like Dr Pepper.

It's almost never as bad as it seems to be...whatever it may be.

We all want to go home...but most of us don't want to quit before the job's done.

Most of the news media can kiss my ass.

Labels: ,

|