Sunday, August 27, 2006

It's Cavalry not Calvary

I had recently contacted some guys in the USAF to get some training materials...they were very supportive and responsive to my request, willing to get what I needed even though they didn't initially have the exact products I was looking for. I filled out the forms they required and e-mailed them to the appropriate address. I got an e-mail back stating that my request was being processed and that I could expect to receive the requested products shortly...the 11th to be exact.

I finally received the products last week. Everything I requested was there, and they did a great job that is greatly appreciated. Then I saw it, the address label, Outlaw 13, 1st Calvary Division, Fort Hood, TX. Frankly knowing out the Army works I was surprised that my stuff didn't end up in the Chaplain's office.

I realize that it's asking a great deal to expect anyone in the USAF to know something that occurred before 1948, or to be even more generous before the Wright Brothers. But is it too much to ask that someone could remember the difference between people who ride into battle first on horses and then on tanks and helicopters and the hill where Christ was crucified? And this is from a Military
Intelligence orginization...pretty funny that!

Labels:

|