Saturday, June 17, 2006

They or maybe SHE doesn't get it.

I don't listen to this musical group (dixie chicks) and never have. I really don't care what they do...but this statement is both irritating and confounding.

If you can even think to say something like this...

"The entire country may disagree with me, but I don't understand the necessity for patriotism," Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. "Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don't see why people care about patriotism."

...we can't even begin to have a conversation. I suppose she feels she is some sort of citizen of the world or something. To top it off she made this statement to a British newspaper. I'm ashamed you are from my home state, Ms Maines.
|