Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Bunch of Selfish Bastards

I was at a local convenience store today when something occurred to me.

I had hopped out of my car and was going inside to get a "Big Gulp" when I was assaulted by the sound of someones sound system at least 75 feet away from me (in violation of a local ordinance by the way). Of course all I could hear was the bass, as the car threatened to vibrate itself apart. The more I encounter folks like this the more I get pissed off. WHO ARE THEY TO MAKE US ALL LISTEN TO THEIR MUSIC OF CHOICE?

It's been said, "If it's too loud, you're too old."

Well, personally, I don't care how loud you listen to your music...as long as the general public doesn't have to pay for your hearing loss, knock yourself out. The problem to me occurs when you invade others personal space...by this I mean, if I am inside the store I shouldn't have to listen to your music. I'm quite sure many people wouldn't enjoy listening to Van Halen blasting across the parking lot so what makes anyone believe that everyone wants to hear their latest hip hop or rap fave? The answer is, of course they know not everyone wants to hear it...they just don't care...because of course it's all about them. Just like the guy driving 55 MPH in the left lane on the interstate that won't pull over...it's all about them.

In fact when you think about it most of this country's problems are a result of people being too busy to care about anything other than TiVOing the "Sopranos" and counting how many carbs are in their diet.

What a bunch of selfish self centered bastards we as a nation have become. We've become so successful that people for the most part can live in their self centered little world a never worry about the "War on Terror", a band of terrorists being arrested in Canada, hysterical screaming about an incident in Iraq that nobody really knows what occurred but we'll damn well make political points based on our predetermined views out of it, or anything else that's too ugly that it makes you want to change the channel or else you might have to actually think. Is this a great country or what?
|