Friday, July 07, 2006

Top Ten Military Movies...


According to the History Channel's shill, R Lee Ermey (whose people deemed me too filthy to be included in his web-ring, no doubt because of pictures like these...homos ;-)).





(HEY THE GUY's ENTITLED TO MAKE A BUCK AS MUCH AS THE NEXT GUY...I'VE GOT NO PROBLEM WITH THAT...it is odd however the guy that became famous for saying things like; "Your days of finger banging Mary Jane Rotten Crotch through her pretty pink panties are over." has the balls to say that anyone is too dirty.)

His list:

10. The Longest Day
9. 12 O'Clock High
8. The Big Red One
7. The Dirty Dozen (A good movie but hardly a historical document)
6. The Great Escape
5. Sink the Bismark
4. Platoon (WTF?!? I hate this movie with every fiber of my being)
3. To Hell and Back
2. Full Metal Jacket (I guess you would expect the Gunny to rate this one pretty high, I like the basic training part but when they go to Vietnam the movie falls apart.)
1. Saving Private Ryan

To read the entire list and Mr. Ermey's bombastic remarks go HERE

I covered this way back in this post (Guidons, Guidons, Guidons!: Top 10 Military Based Movies...IMHO)last year.
|