Sunday, April 09, 2006

Greatest Helicopter Ever



Now I'm sure people who don't know me would expect that if you asked me for my opinion on what I thought the greatest helicopter ever would be I might reply the mighty AH-64...well, I hate to disappoint all the gun pilots out there, but I'm here to tell you the UH-1 Iroquois takes the prize hands down. First flown in the 50's it's still going, has done everything there is to do and will keep going as long as you can find a few parts and gas. There's something to be said for simple and easy...if you get a Huey started it will fly...turn on the battery, pull the trigger and 40 seconds later you're flying, try and say that about most of the stuff we fly in the Army today.

I've got around 2000 hours in a Huey with around 200 of those in combat...I will always remember that aircraft as being my favorite...the past and future champion!
|